Prayers and thoughts are with you Fort McMurray
Employees and family members should continue to follow instructions from local authorities.
As the situation evolves we will post information here. Please be patient as we assess and gather information.
All affected members that were working in the Wood Buffalo region and are currently unable to return to work may sign the Out Of Work List if they so choose.
Visit Suncor.com for remobilization information – do not return to work until you have been contacted.
Visit the Red Cross Website for help to get home
Update from the Alberta Government – May 18, 2016: click here
Suncor Employee Bulletin: click here, updated May 20, 2016
Fire and Operations in Wood Buffalo Region: click here, May 17, 2016
Horton at Syncrude Update: click here, updated May 9, 2016
Fort Hills 2016 Wildfire Communication: click here, May 4, 2016 5:30 AM
Shell Albian Sands Information Update: click here, updated May 4, 2016
Employee Payroll and Labour Relations Information (added May 9, 2016)
IMPORTANT EMERGENCY CONTACTS
- If you are not in immediate danger but need help call RCMP Dispatch 780-788-4000 – for safety concerns only!
- For information about Fort McMurray wildfires call 780-310-4455
- To Register and for Family Reunification call the Red Cross 1-888-350-6070
- Health Link 811
- Evacuee Information can be found at alberta.ca/emergency.cfm – look for information on debit card relief funding, a minimum of $1,250.00 for each adult is available.
Union supports Canadian Red Cross disaster relief fund! If you too wish to help, donations can be made to the Red Cross or to the IBB. For more information click here
Donate $5 to help the Fort McMurray citizens by texting the word REDCROSS to 30333 in Canada. Or visit The Red Cross website.
For the most up to date information on the wild fire and evacuations, please visit:
- The What’s New section of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo’s website or
- Follow Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo on Twitter
Employees are encouraged to follow these accounts for updated information:
News Updates from the Edmonton Journal, Global, CTV and CBC News