Alberta Job Ready Dispatch
In collective bargaining for the last BCA Collective Agreement it was agreed a Liaison committee of both Union and BCA Contractors would work together to establish a set of standardized safety programs that would be required before workers were dispatched to work. The intent of the Alberta Job Ready Dispatch initiative was to reduce the amount of redundant safety training and get workers on the job sooner.Frequently Asked Questions
Alberta Job Ready Requirements
- CSTS – V.09 Certification (No expiry)
- OSSA Confined Space Entry & Monitor (Expires every 3 years)
- OSSA Fall Protection (Expires every 3 years)
- Respiratory Fit Certification (2 Masks) (Expires every 2 years)
- 3M – Full Mask – Quantitative – Model: 6000 Series (3M 6700 = Small, 3M 6800 = Medium & 3M 6900 = Large)
- 3M – 1/2 Mask – Quantitative – Model: 6500QL Series (6501QL = Small, 6502QL = Medium & 6503QL = Large)
- * Respiratory Fit tickets must state the following to be valid for Alberta Job Ready Dispatch: Quantitative test; Brand 3M , model number and size. If you are unable to fit a recommended mask(s) request a ticket stating “No Fit”.
- * Tickets must be valid for 60 days from the employment start date.
- Audiometric Testing: We as an organization have embarked on a program (contractual obligation) through our health and welfare trust to provide FREE audiometric exams ONCE per year, for Lodge 146 members ONLY. We have a national agreement with a company called Connect Hearing. All you have to do is make an appointment by calling 1-888-501-2661 and they will bill direct to the Health and Welfare plan. You can also call AT Safety at 780-417-3777 ($20.00 + GST) or Air Extreme at 780-439-3362 ($30.00 + GST) for audiometric testing as well. Click here to print out the Audiogram Form & the National Health and Welfare Claim Form.
How to Register for Training
Option 1: Register for Training at the Boilermakers Lodge 146
Members, APA’s and Travel Cards can contact Jennifer Board at 780-451-5998 ext. 255 to book upcoming OSSA Confined Space and OSSA Fall Protection courses as well as Respiratory Fit Testing help at the Boilermaker Apprenticeship & Mechanical Training Centre (AMTC).
All Safety courses done at the Training Centre are FREE for Lodge 146 Members & Travel Cards as long as they have a dispatch slip from the hall.
Option 2: Register with a Third Party Provider & Apply for Reimbursement
You can also book appointments with any third party provider, as long as the training meets the requirements specified above. It is recommended that members bring a copy of this information with them to ensure that they are qualifying for the correct certifications. A list of course providers is available on the Oil Sands Safety Association website , the AT Safety Training website and the Air Extreme website.
Basic Safety Orientation (BSO) is a site-specific requirement that is required before you start that specific job. Once dispatched you can take the training and submit your receipt to your contractor.
BSO Training Providers:
Lodge 146 members who need CSTS-09 please contact Jennifer Board at email@example.com or by calling 780-451-5998 ext. 255.
** IF YOU ARE A PERMIT OR TRAVEL CARD THAT NEEDS CSTS-09 PLEASE CONTACT THE ACSA AT 780-453-3311 OR GO TO www.acsa-safety.org.
A reimbursement program has been put in place to compensate Lodge 146 members in good standing for costs incurred for the training required for the Alberta Job Ready Dispatch initiative. Members who have completed and paid for this training on or after December 1, 2016 are eligible for reimbursement. Only the courses listed above will be reimbursed. Refund amount and eligibility will be reviewed on a case by case basis and refunds will be issued in full or in part as determined by the Boilermaker Education Trust Fund. Please note that the course costs vary by provider and the amount reimbursed is subject to change without notice.
email Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or to submit receipts directly.
In December 2016 we initiated a campaign to collect certificate information in the Members’ only section. Members can upload their information to their on profile. Click here for step-by-step instructions.