WorkSmart Pre-Apprenticeship Training Course
Please Note: Applicants must successfully complete ARIS, the Trade Assessment, and Drug & Alcohol Screening prior to registering.
Our WorkSmart program is for those individuals who have successfully completed both the ARIS seminar and the Assessment. WorkSmart will prepare you for the job site by helping students identify job site hazards and be aware of controls that can eliminate or reduce the risk of injury or damage.
Also covered in the program:
- Understand the skill set that is needed to become a successful boilermaker or welder.
- Students will be exposed to the safety attitudes that are essential on all job sites.
- Have a working knowledge of the tools found in industry and be able to use them safely and effectively.
- Understand basic concepts involved in welding.
- Understand concepts involved in oxy-acetylene cutting and compressed gas handling procedures.
- Safely operate and understand common equipment found in steel fabrication.
- Understand rigging concepts, and accompanying responsibilities and safety.
- Develop hand skills and techniques used in the steel fabrication trades.
The goal of the program is to build the confidence of apprentices, crew & employer. WorkSmart aims to improve your skill level and awareness it will also help you build a network of committed people who will support you throughout your career. Additionally it will:
- Introduce you to our principles and standards
- Help you understand our workplace culture
- Give you the ability to contribute to your crew
- Instill important union philosophies
Apprentice Recruitment Information Seminar (ARIS)
This introductory seminar & assessment will provide a brief overview of the demands and responsibilities for anyone considering a Boilermaker or Welding career with Local 146. Please bring government issue picture ID (drivers license, passport etc.), and resume if you have one.Dates on Course Calendar