International Brotherhood of Boilermakers Scholarship
Dependents of Boilermaker members are eligible for scholarships of up to $5,000. Beginning in 2022, the International Brotherhood of Boilermakers awards up to $100,000 worth of scholarships to dependents of members, including those in Canada and the U.S.
Boilermaker scholarships are open to high school seniors who will be entering their first year of academic study at a degree-granting, accredited college or university within one year of their high school graduation and are dependents of Boilermaker members in good standing (includes son, daughter, legally adopted child or dependent of a member in good standing).
Scholarship awards are based upon a variety of factors, including academic achievement, extra-curricular and outside school activities, career goals, and performance on a typed essay.
Scholarship candidates must submit the following:
- The completed online Scholarship Application; (available Jan 1st)
- proof of relationship or dependency to a Boilermaker member;
- the results from their SAT and/or ACT test scores (for U.S. citizens only, optional);
- the applicant’s high school transcript; and
- a 350 word (minimum) to 500 word (maximum) typed essay on a chosen topic
Applications for the 2023 awards will be available online at the end of this year and will be accepted from January 1 to March 1, 2023. Applications submitted after the March 1, 2023 deadline cannot be considered.