- Posted on May 27, 2016
Remobilization Notes for June 01
- Suncor is Targeting Thursday June 02 for craft remobilization to the Spring TA, this has not yet been finalized by Suncor and is subject to change.
- Once finalized Aecon will initiate the call back procedure, and in the following order members / travel cards / permits.
- Aecon will have a few individuals brought back earlier.
- Once everyone has been contacted Aecon will forward each Union list of members that have returned or been given layoffs.
- It will be a Fly-in / Fly-out again (P/F & B/M will be eligible for TAP’s / as Suncor is providing flights Edmonton/Calgary TAP’s will only apply to out of province workers)
- Highway is open so individual can elect to drive, however it is recommended that everyone fly’s
- Fort MacMurray is still closed so they need to be prepared for no refueling
- If individual elect to drive there is no travel reimbursement as it is FIFO
- Noralta will be the primary Camp utilized
- All rooms at Noralta are being packed up so they can be properly cleaned, belongs are being tagged by persons name/lodge/room
- Still need to determine process to collect belongings
- Suncor will provide access to there discount flight bookings to contractor employee’s, below in the process.
- Contractors and their employees working on Suncor sites will be given access to Suncor negotiated discounted fares with Westjet and AirCanada in order to help mitigate the cost of travel to Edmonton and Calgary hubs. The process to take advantage of the discounted fares is as follows:
- Call American Express to speak to an agent 1-866-444-3922;
- Indicate that you are booking travel to Edmonton or Calgary for a worker on a Suncor Wood Buffalo site;
- The agent will ask if the person is a Suncor Employee. The caller must answer ‘NO’ (Suncor employee travel requires an extra level of executive approval);
- The agent will ask for their credit card number and that credit card number cannotbe a Suncor credit card;
- The Agent will be book the cheapest flight on the discounts Suncor has negotiated.
Notes form the actual Evacuation Event May 16
- All building trades employees both dayshift and night shift will be paid 10hrs for May 16
- All building trades employees both dayshift and night shift will be paid 2hrs show up time for Tuesday May 17
- No LOA costs will be reimbursed
- Blacksands Camp has sustained fire damage, individuals who lost personal intems will have to utilize their personal insurance policies.