MHSA OVERHEADCRANE OPERATOR LEVEL 1
PREREQUISITES: OPEN TO ALL BOILERMAKER, WELDER AND APPRENTICE MEMBERS, FIELD AND SHOP. (NO APA’S)
DAY ONE: BASIC RIGGING
- Determining load weight, center of gravity, lifting points
- Rigging hardware, slings, hooks, below the hook lifting devices
- Sling hitches, angles and sling tension
DAY TWO: OVERHEAD CRANE
- Overhead crane components, inspections, lift planning, and operating practices
- Written and practical examinations
Russell Reid is a Manufacture Health & Safety Association certified instructor for this course.
Students will receive an overhead crane ticket upon completion of written and practical exam.
Time: 8:00 am -5:00 pm both days – Lunch: 1/2 hour, lunch not provided.
PPE requirements: Safety glasses, gloves, Hard hat and boots
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received no later than 2 business days prior to course start date or $150.00 no show fee applies.
Covid-19 Protocols are in place, masks mandatory and physical distancing will be enforced.
Please contact email@example.com to register for this course.