AFL Update – October 2017
- Posted on October 6, 2017
Don’t miss this important information!
- National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women Brunch
- Event poster. Please consider purchasing tickets for this brunch. Monies raised will be donated to the Jessica Martel Memorial Foundation. We are also in need of items for door prizes. Click here to purchase tickets or donate.
- AFL/CLC Winter School in Jasper
- Registration is online at www.afl.org. Register early to get your 1st course choice selection. Deadline to register is December 1, 2017.
- AFL Standing Committees and Working Groups – Call for members
- We need you! Please take the time to read this important letter and let your union know if you would like to participate in a committee or working group. The success of these groups relies on labour activists like yourself shareing your views. Click here for the nomination form.
- Support Our Students (SOS) Alberta
- SOS Alberta needs your support in advocating for public education. Check out the information regarding school surveys and the bonus encore presentation of Backpack Full of Cash in Calgary October 4 timed to coincide with the upcoming school board trustee elections across the province.
- Aspen Foundation for Labour Education (AFLE)
- The AFLE needs you to support their critical work in promoting and creating educational materials for Alberta schools.
Alberta Federation of Labour