MHSA Overhead Crane Operator Level 1
Day one: basic rigging
- Determining load weight, center of gravity, lifting points
- Rigging hardware, slings, hooks, below the hook lifting devices
- Sling hitches, angles and sling tension
Day two: overhead crane
- Overhead crane components, inspections, lift planning, and operating practices
- Written and practical examinations
Russell Reid is a Manufacture Health & Safety Association certified instructor for this course.
Prerequisites: Open to all boilermaker, welder, and apprentice 146 members (field and shop).
Required PPE: boots, hard hat, safety glasses, gloves
Students will receive an overhead crane ticket upon completion of written and practical exam.
Register by calling Tanya @ 780-451-5998 or by email: email@example.com